Work with us to design beautiful and functional landscapes for your home or business. Our experienced team will install it quickly and affordably.
Want to have a fresh and beautiful garden all year round? Need to get your yard maintained regularly? Let the Extra Mile Lawn Care team take over the job.
We get it! When the weekend finally arrives, the last thing that you want to do is mow your lawn. It is time to enjoy the important things in life, or at least the fun things. That’s why we always have your yard perfectly groomed by the end of the week and ready for you to enjoy.
Our Mowing programs include the following:
- Mowing is done with top-of-the-line commercial equipment. Blades are sharpened on a regular basis to ensure a nice clean-cut lawn.
- The height of the cut will be raised when the summer heat hits to ensure optimal lawn health.
- Trimming will be done along any building structures, fences, and any other landscaping features that border grass.
- Edging is done along curbing, sidewalks, driveways, and patios to give your lawn a sharp professional appearance.
- All hard surfaces will be free of grass clippings before we leave your property.
- Everyone on staff will be clean-cut, professionally dressed in a uniform, and ready and eager to assist you with any questions you may have with a smile!
We are here to help you “Take Your Saturday’s Back”
Leaf Removal & Fall Cleanup
With our high-powered mowers/blowers and ninja like raking skills we can quickly leave your lawn leaf and debris free. We offer affordable pricing to go along with our excellent quality of work and attention to detail. Our typical spring and fall cleanup includes removing leaves and pine needles along with other plant debris from the lawn, flower beds, porches, patios, and all other hard to reach areas.
Removing leaves from the lawn is a critical task that must be done to prepare your lawn for winter dormancy. If leaves and other debris are left on the lawn can lead to mold and other lawn diseases which can damage your lawn and landscape.
The task of removing leaves from your lawn can be arduous and time consuming. We understand that your ideal Autumn is not spending evenings and weekends for 4 to 6 weeks raking leaves and filling dozens of bags then to hauling them to the compost dump site.
Save your time and sanity this Fall, allow our team to do all the dirty work at your residence or commercial property in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, or Hampton.
Whether you are a new homeowner or simply repairing your home’s landscape, it is essential to choose the best sod installation company for the job. Extra Mile Lawn Care provides long-lasting solutions and improvements by providing high-quality grass from the start.
Sod, unlike grass seed, provides you with an intact lawn immediately. You don’t have to wait while it grows. Plus, you don’t have to water it as regularly as grass seed.
With sod, you also minimize concerns about weed control because it is weed-free. It is also easier for the sod to take root than grass seed offering more reliable results. Sod heat-retention properties reduce heat while increasing the value of your home.
Here at Extra Mile Lawn Care we are sod installation experts. You can learn more about our 9-Step process by visiting www.extramilesod.com.
We put water in it’s place!
The Best Thing you can do for your lawn, trees, and landscape is to have an irrigation system equipped with proper drainage!
Water is essential for turf, trees, and landscapes in general. While water is essential, more is not always better! Proper drainage is just as important as irrigating.
Standing water, erosion, or a soggy yard could be a sign that you have a drainage problem.
Drainage refers to the natural or manmade removal of a surface’s water and subsurface water to prevent waterlogging. There are a variety of solutions that can be implemented based on your landscape’s specific needs. These include French drain, dry well, a ‘creek bed’ or swale, or installing drainpipes.
Let our landscape professionals inspect your yard and suggest the best solution for proper drainage.
A strong root system is the key to having a healthy, lush, and weed free lawn. The secret to having a strong root system is giving your lawn a healthy diet. As is the case with any living thing, your grass and plants need nourishment. The main nutrients for a lush, green, and healthy vegetation are nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. These require careful application and proper scheduling during the year.
Our complete fertilization program covers a healthy lawn, weed control and pest control:
- 1st – This application is done in the early spring. It kick starts your lawn after the long winter dormancy and helps feed your lawn during the spring growth spurt.
- 2nd – Turf weed control. This application will treat 100% of the broadleaf and grassy weeds in your turf. It also includes a crabgrass pre-emergent.
- 3rd – Fertilizer application that is applied in late spring. It is a nitrogen enriched fertilizer that provides energy to support your turf during the spring growth spurt. It also includes preventative pest control. This is a critical application to control grubs and other pests in your turf that can cause substantial damage if not treated.
- 4th – Summer fertilizer application. This is a slow-release fertilizer that is tailored to meet the demands of the summer heat. This fertilizer will strengthen plant tissue and help with disease resistance during the summer stress months. This application will leave your lawn looking green and lush.
- 5th – Late summer application. This is also a slow-release fertilizer that is designed to strengthen plant tissue and help with disease resistance during the summer stress months. Our harsh summer temperatures require that we apply something to the lawn to help it recover from the stress of the heat. This application does the trick.
- 6th – Turf weed control. This is our 2nd turf weed control application that will address weeds that have developed over the hot summer months.
- 7th – Our final treatment is applied in late fall. This is our “winterizer” fertilizer application that promotes deep root development and a quick spring green-up. This is arguably the most important treatment of the season for your lawn. Extra Mile Lawn Care uses slow-release fertilizers that provide a longer feeding period than liquid applied fertilizers.
Any products that we might use in your landscape are non-toxic for your pets.
Aeration & Overseeding
It’s gotta breathe! Sunshine, regular mowing, watering, fertilizing, and insecticide applications are not enough for a great lawn. Extra Mile Lawn Care enhances turf health and vibrancy via lawn aeration. We use specialized equipment to systematically remove thousands of small plugs from the soil and deposit them on the grass surface. This gives your lawn a chance to “inhale” rich nutrients and flourish.
Rule of thumb: No aeration = stagnant lawn growth.
Lawn Aeration helps achieve a plush carpet of grass. Our core removal process allows oxygen & water to reach roots, loosens up soil to promote growth, permits fertilizers to seep downward, and breaks up thatch – a layer of grass stems, roots, clippings & debris that decompose or over-accumulate over time.
Aeration reduces compacted soil. Compacted soil doesn’t allow the grass roots to develop deep into your soil. Deep roots increase drought and disease resistance. Compacted soil can also help develop a thatch layer too. Aerating your lawn breaks down the thatch layer and allows your grass to breath.
Aeration also increases lawn density by allowing new grass plants to begin growing. Lawn density is a huge factor in your lawn fighting off the hot Hampton Roads summers. The denser you lawn is the better it shades the soil so that it does not dry out too quickly.
Probably the most important benefit of aeration is that it allows oxygen, water, and nutrients to get deep down into your soil where they belong.
We highly recommend Lawn Aeration in late August, September or October.
Overseeding is the most cost-effective strategy for helping a thin and worn lawn recover to the lush green lawn you want. By spreading grass seed over your existing lawn, you can thicken up the thin areas, and your lawn will start to look terrific again. (This is different from reseeding, which is when you start over and plant a completely new lawn.)
Over time, grass gets old and needs to be replaced. Worn-out lawns invite weeds. Overseeding is a fast, inexpensive way to help bring your lawn back to its lush, green self without tearing everything out and starting over.
The best time to overseed here in Hampton Roads is late spring through mid-summer, since warm-season grasses need warmer soil temperatures to germinate.
FINANCING AVAILABLE – Interest Rate as Low as 0%
Get In Touch
5511 Stewart Drive. Virginia Beach, VA 23464
Contact us for a Free Estimate
We’re the professionals behind many of the best residential and commercial landscaping projects in Hampton Roads over the past 9 years. Our experienced and knowledgeable design team is ready to help you realize the vision you have for your property.
All Rights Reserved © 2022 Extra Mile Lawn Care.